Sunday, May 9, 2010

neil


My friend C, and I are at a coffee shop on our laptops on a Friday night. Yes, if you're wondering this does make us cooler than you. But our cool quotient rises, when I start to gush about the music that's playing. It's Neil Diamond. I was raised on a very rigid music diet of Neil, Barbara, and Elvis. "Love on the rocks, aint no big surprise. Just pour me a drink and I'll tell you some lies," I remember my nine-year old self singing.

The barrista tells me "in any relationship, one person has to like Neil Young and one person has to like Neil Diamond." It's not a pick up line, or doesn't sound like one, but I like this guy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Things you should know. I like to write, box, nap, read and be read to--mostly fiction, the kind of books that play like movies in your head, whether awake or asleep. I need at least a couple spoonfuls of organic crunchy peanut butter each day to function. Every, every day. And to answer your question(s): half-full, dogs, mornings, summers, and more than one. I write for findingDulcinea. (Header photo: pixonomy Flickr photostream/CC)

Sweet Search