Sunday, June 6, 2010

advice

"Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly."

I've been reading a lot of women's magazines lately, specifically Glamour, and in between comparing myself with the models and stars, I've actually gleaned a lot of very simple sounding but worthwhile advice. It isn't just about moisturizing masks, though I am going to try out the Greek yogurt facial.

On friendship: "If you miss her, call her."

On men: "You should never be in a relationship with someone who doesn't make you completely happy."- Michelle Obama

On finding your passion: "Aren't we all secretly aware that there are things we'd like to try--and might actually be able to do--if we weren't embarrassed to be seen trying."- Kelly Corrigan

On socializing: "You're the most interesting person in the room."- Susan Fales Hill

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Things you should know. I like to write, box, nap, read and be read to--mostly fiction, the kind of books that play like movies in your head, whether awake or asleep. I need at least a couple spoonfuls of organic crunchy peanut butter each day to function. Every, every day. And to answer your question(s): half-full, dogs, mornings, summers, and more than one. I write for findingDulcinea. (Header photo: pixonomy Flickr photostream/CC)

Sweet Search