Monday, May 31, 2010

cary tennis


"And with the humility came the frightening feeling that I just cannot write. Not today. I just cannot do it. I sit at the desk and nothing comes. I see the desk and fear it; I hunch over, I want to flee!"

Salon's advice columnist Cary Tennis cannot do his job. He's unable to open a letter, afraid to share his thoughts,and it's what he's paid to do. An advice columnist in crisis, struck dumb by his "old way" of pushing solutions on people. How refreshing! I'm glad for the confession. I understand what it's like to feel outside of your supposed comfort zone. And I feel forgiven. Thank you, Cary.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Things you should know. I like to write, box, nap, read and be read to--mostly fiction, the kind of books that play like movies in your head, whether awake or asleep. I need at least a couple spoonfuls of organic crunchy peanut butter each day to function. Every, every day. And to answer your question(s): half-full, dogs, mornings, summers, and more than one. I write for findingDulcinea. (Header photo: pixonomy Flickr photostream/CC)

Sweet Search